Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life's "little" Reminders.....

While snuggling in bed with Leah the other morning I was in the midst of making my mental "to do list" for the day and allowing my mind to get lost in the many details I needed to remember and quit pushing to the side. After a few moments of self indulgence I brought my attention back to my daughter laying besides me and asked what she was thinking about. " Listen mom, the birds outside are singing a song for the morning," she replied.
I paused...and just listed. Yes they were singing and adding to the beauty of natures gift. Wow...I thought to myself, it is so easy to get caught up in the mundane schedules of life and forget the little precious moments. While I was already scheduling myself for the day, I wasn't allowing myself to enjoy the simple pleasure of being with my Leah and listening to the melody of birds just outside our window. It was a special moment, a moment I need to have more often I thought to myself.I needed this reminder and I am so grateful for my beautiful children to help me remember the little things in life. Let's never forget life's little moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment